Monday, January 24, 2011

Forty by 40: Update #1

Week one of my "Forty by 40" challenge has come and gone... and I have survived. Actually, 5.5 pounds of me didn't survive. But that's the point, right? :) 

I am following the Weight Watchers PointsPlus program. It's the newest Weight Watchers plan, and wow, am I ever happy with the new changes to the program!  If you're not familiar with Weight Watchers at all, none of this will make sense to you... but if you are familiar with the Weight Watchers points system, here are the changes that I've noticed in the plan.
  • The number of daily points has increased.
  • You have 49 weekly points for "treats, extras, and special occasions."
  • The way a food's value in points is calculated is different now.  Instead of the old way of calculating it by taking into account calories, fat, and fiber, it now takes into account fat, carbohydrates, protein, and fiber. This has caused some point values to have changed, so sadly, my beloved fruit rollups are now TWO points instead of one.  But since the number of daily points has increased, it's all good.  :)
  • The most exciting change, in my opinion, is the fact that ALL fruits and most vegetables are now ZERO points, no matter how many servings.
So there you have it... the updated plan in a nutshell. 


Total weight lost in week one:  5.5 pounds
Total exercise completed in week one:  84 minutes  

Total weight left to lose by 7/9/11: 34.5 pounds
Time remaining in the Forty by 40 challenge: 23.5 weeks

1 comment: