Saturday, April 3, 2010

Frugal Friday: Update



I know that my millions of blog readers have probably been terribly disappointed by the lack of Frugal Friday posts lately.


Ahem.


My only excuse is that I haven't been frugal enough with my time lately to be able to post a weekly Frugal Friday post. :) Truthfully, I've been doing a lot of research. Not a lot of putting-into-practice, but tons of research. There are a LOT of helpful websites out there that will teach you how to get the best grocery deals, how to use coupons, how to use the CVS rewards card system, etc... and with my limited extra time, I'm slowly but surely going through all of these and trying to learn it all.

Sadly, between trying to learn everything I can about frugal shopping/living and working on getting a small amount of part time income set up for when I quit working, I don't have time to do as much on my blog as I'd hoped.

So until I quit working (seven weeks from today!), Frugal Friday may end up on hiatus. We'll see.

I'll leave you with these two frugal updates:


  • My sister-in-law's boyfriend called us today to invite us to go out to Hometown Buffet tonight to celebrate my sister-in-law's birthday. I checked my coupons and Entertainment coupon book, but to no avail. Then I decided to check their website to see if they have any printable coupons. I joined their email list and about twenty minutes later was the proud owner of a coupon for a free buffet dinner. :)
It's 12:09 AM now, which means that it's technically Saturday, and I missed the deadline for Frugal Friday! Oh well.... it's still Friday somewhere, right?!!

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

I love these posts! ;-) So glad to see one this week...

Vikki said...

Thank you Ally!! And would you believe that after my dry spell, today I came up with about five things to talk about in future Frugal Friday posts? :)