Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Firm Foundation

Welcome to my new blog! Previously, I've been blogging off and on (mostly off!) at http://www.morethannecessaryfood.blogspot.com/ , but I've decided to turn that into a recipe blog. Hence, my new blog: A Firm Foundation.

It seems to be a good time to start fresh with a new blog, because I am about to enter a new phase of my life... one that I am extremely excited about! In four months, I will be quitting my job in order to be a stay-at-home-mom. Or to be more specific, a stay-at-home, home schooling aunt. :) There are a couple of scary aspects of making this move (namely, my parents' reaction to my quitting my job, and the possibility of struggling financially), but they pale in comparison to knowing that this is exactly what God would have me to do! I have worked full time for the past twenty years (with the exception of one glorious year spent at home with my then four year old son, working only eight hours per week), and I truly have felt during all those years that I was barely keeping my head above water. I have always felt the pull toward being at home, and I am so grateful to God for changing my husband's mind about me working outside the home. And I am so proud of my husband for embracing it the way he has!

On this blog, I plan to journal my journey of becoming a stay at home wife/aunt, my homeschooling journey, and my journey to continue to build my life on God's precepts and principles... while raising my niece and nephew in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

No comments: